June 03, 2006

Post Exam Fever

Two more days to go and the nail biting will end. The results will be declared then. And the agonizing thoughts of, ‘Did I pass?!? Did I flunk?!!?’ will finally be erased from the mind. The poor body has indeed suffered no end to this post exam trauma. The mind feels tight. The neck is stiff. The hair is standing on end in preparation for the oncoming shock. But the nails have suffered the worst. Indeed, they have been chewed and chewed by unkind teeth as if they were the most delicious things ever had.

The most worrying moments occur when you are enjoying a cup of cold coffee with your friends and the topic of “How My Exam Went” inevitably comes up. Then everybody starts discussing each and every paper in a mad frenzy.
I join the hullabaloo too.
English screwed me!!
Politics gave me goosebumps!
Psychology made me psycho!
Philosophy attacked me!
French was undecipherable!
Logic cracked my skull! (Really. Why did an illogical me think I could wallop Logic? I guess I’m just So Illogical.)
In the end, everybody is wolfing down their nails instead of their coffee.
After a while somebody goes, “Enough!”
It is met by unanimous nods.
Then someone goes, “But eco was real baaaaaad….”
“Ditto…”
And the vicious circle continues.

Oh! The horrible, horrible torture of waiting! Just two more days and 11 hours (Add another 77. The queues are long.) and I shall receive the result paper! Thence the torture will stop. Or continue. Only time will tell.

No comments: